How far along?: 28 weeks
Baby Development:By this week, your baby weighs two and a quarter pounds (like a Chinese cabbage) and measures 14.8 inches from the top of her head to her heels. She can blink her eyes, which now sport lashes. With her eyesight developing, she may be able to see the light that filters in through your womb. She's also developing billions of neurons in her brain and adding more body fat in preparation for life in the outside world.
Total Weight Gain/Loss: At today's OB appointment I was up to 147 (from 142 - 4 weeks ago).
Gender: Always one of the first questions asked -- "do you know if it is a boy or a girl?" Nope, but we should know in about 12 weeks, give or take... I think my office is going to start a pool for guesses.
Movement: Sometimes I think there is a ninja baby in my uterus. Two nights this week, the baby was moving so much when I went to bed that I couldn't sleep. I've also felt limbs pushing outward which is a very odd sensation.
Maternity Clothes: Yes -- and looking forward to transitioning from sweaters and long sleeves to short sleeves for a little variety. Looking forward to wearing dresses more as it gets warmer. I love watching and feeling my belly growing -- it truly amazes me there is a human being inside.
Sleep: Sleeping is better, but my hips get so sore from sleeping on my side. And I'm having some leg cramping so when I wake up I feel like someone has been sitting on my calves all night.
What I miss: Can't think of anything. I love being pregnant!
Cravings: Still must have chocolate milk everday. Also craving nectarines (last week when I was buying some at Hy-Vee the teenaged boy checker looked at me and made a comment about how expensive they were -- I wanted to respond with "I don't care how much they cost just give them to me so I can start eating them.")
Aversions: Still not a big fan of onions or garlic smell (I can eat both). No Chinese food. Poultry and I still have a hit or miss relationship. Bananas & peanut butter are no-go.
Symptoms: Feeling short of breath as baby grows and stretches. This week I have turned into an emotional mess. Tired and feeling more achy in general.
Best Moment this Week: Two weeks ago we were in Scottsdale and got to spend the week just relaxing, enjoying the sun and warmth, eating good food, hiking and hanging out. It was perfect.
Yesterday I was walking behind a couple of nursing students in the hallway at work. One of them turned around, took a look at me and said "Oh my God, you are so adorable pregnant!" I was having a rough day and that totally made me smile, especially coming from a complete stranger.
Thankful for each milestone hit, and that things are going so well. I truly can't believe we are in the third trimester already.
Looking forward to: I am the matron of honor for one of my best friend's weddings next Saturday. Both her and my dress are hanging in baby's closet, just waiting for the big day. So looking forward to celebrating with her and hubby-to-be!
Spending the weekend with P's parents and catching up with them -- it's been too long since we've seen them!
Getting serious about making progress on the nursery.
Yesterday I was walking behind a couple of nursing students in the hallway at work. One of them turned around, took a look at me and said "Oh my God, you are so adorable pregnant!" I was having a rough day and that totally made me smile, especially coming from a complete stranger.
Thankful for each milestone hit, and that things are going so well. I truly can't believe we are in the third trimester already.
Looking forward to: I am the matron of honor for one of my best friend's weddings next Saturday. Both her and my dress are hanging in baby's closet, just waiting for the big day. So looking forward to celebrating with her and hubby-to-be!
Spending the weekend with P's parents and catching up with them -- it's been too long since we've seen them!
Getting serious about making progress on the nursery.